SMS Marketing - Innovative solutions for high business performanceSMS marketing is a highly cost-effective and wireless way to increase sales by promoting products, services or businesses via SMS text messages. Although there are various definitions for the concept of mobile marketing, no commonly accepted definition exists. In this article mobile marketing is considered as sending SMS text messages to cell phones of people to convert people into prospective customers.
The reason for the great efficiency and popularity of mobile marketing is that people are more and more active and dependent on their mobile phones. We keep our cell phone in arm reach and donít move without it. Itís also true that people generally read every business SMS message they get, unlike junk mail, spam or adverts which can be ignored. These facts make mobile phones essential tools for advertising and marketing purposes.
FACTS: Did you know?
94 % of SMS messages are viewed
62 % of SMS messages are remembered
22 % of value added SMS messages are forwarded
The forecasts still show impressive growth in SMS marketing. Most of the biggest brands are already taking advantage of this innovative marketing channel.
Advantages of SMS marketing
- Most of the SMS messages are read within a few seconds after receiving.
- People take their mobile phones everywhere so it is the most appropriate channel to reach your target at anytime, anywhere.
- SMS messaging allows direct contact with your customers and generates high response rates.
Potential disadvantages of SMS marketing
- The message has to be short (the text should fit into a standard SMS that is 160 characters) so you need to compose the text efficiently.
- People tend to respond to unwanted texts negatively. Make sure that you have their permission for texting them and you keep up with privacy and data protection rules.
- Under the E-commerce regulations, you are required to make it clear who the message is from and commercial communications must be clearly recognizable as such.
How to introduce SMS marketing
For sending out your marketing SMS messages you can employ a mobile phone agency. In this case you can choose from various packages and it is advisable to try the service before you buy. One of the drawbacks of this method is that you cannot see into the sending process. Therefore, the support is also questionable.
If you donít want to rely on a third party you can also choose to build your own SMS system that is based on a powerful SMS gateway software. Therefore the SMS system will be in your infrastructure and you can control the sending process, as well. After you setup your SMS system you can start using SMS messages in endless ways.
Methods for SMS marketing when you use an SMS gateway software
Get the right SMS software!
Ozeki NG SMS Gateway
v3.15 (4.5 Mb)
This is a 30 day trial
of the world's best